So it has been a few days since I’ve updated this thing because I went to Mardi Gras in New Orleans with my friend Cara. It just seemed like an experience that we should have, and it was a lot of fun! We went to a couple of parades, to Bourbon street, to the french market, we ate a lot of fried chicken and we drank like the locals (drinking starts at 11am most days during Mardi Gras). Oh, and we got some masks.
Knowing that the ride from Austin to New Orleans would be around 11 hours I had to make something unhealthy for us to eat. And since I’m obsessed with butterfingers, I decided to make these butterfinger rice krispie treats. And really, how can you go wrong? The answer is… you cant.
Here are the ingredients…
My internet is working really horribly… so I’m not going to upload many more pictures, but the recipe is very easy.
I got the recipe from a blog called Cookies & Cups.
✔3 cups Rice Krispie cereal (I just used 6 cups of Rice Krispies instead of using part Chex)
✔3 cups Rice Chex cereal
✔1 (10 oz bag) mini marshmallows
✔1/4 cup butter
✔1/2 teaspoon salt
✔8 Fun Sized Butterfinger candy bars, chopped
✔1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
✔2 Tbsp peanut butter
- Lightly spray a 9×9 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan melt your butter over medium-low heat.
- Add in your marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Pour in your cereals and salt and stir until almost combined.
- Pour in your chopped Butterfinger bars.
- Stir until distributed evenly and press into your prepared pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine your chocolate chips and peanut butter. Microwave on 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring between each until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle on top of your krispies.
- Let the chocolate set and cut into squares.